Our standard training classes are described below. We will be happy to schedule whatever training you need at your site or here in our Warrenton, VA classrooms.
Installation and training at your site are typically bundled with all system sales. Refresher training or training for new staff can be scheduled as needed. We recommend training at your location because:
- Training is directed to your staff and how they use Optix
- Training is customized to focus on your current Optix implementation, including your Optix screens, queues, workflow processes, and scanning methods
- Training includes a discussion of your current business processes and how Optix can be used to work with those processes
- Train-the-trainer approach means key staff members can attend the portions of training that apply to them and their work groups, allowing them to minimize their time away from the office and their regular duties
- Travel expenses are paid for one mindwrap staff member coming to you rather than several of your staff members coming to us
We offer three- and five-day training courses at your site. These training events use one of the courses described below as a baseline and then are modified to meet your specific needs.
Training can also be combined with other professional services offered by Mindwrap. For example, we often join two days of Optix server upgrade and migration services with three days of Optix training.
Speak with your Account Manager to create the training plan that works for you.
Training at Mindwrap
If you prefer to send your staff to us for training, we are happy to host them at our headquarters in Warrenton, Virginia. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Warrenton is close to Washington, D.C., the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, and many historic sites. Of course, we’ll be sure your staff learns about Optix while they are here, too!
For classes held in Warrenton, and unless otherwise specified, we supply all required computers and training materials. Class costs and size vary, so call and be sure we can accommodate your group.
Payment: All classes must be paid for by purchase order prior to the date of the class.
MWT000100 Optix User Training (3 days)
Optix Workstation operations
Query, retrieve, view, save, and index documents
Document checkouts and revisions
Scanner settings and operation
Capture tasks, destinations, and data extraction
MWT000200 Optix System Administration Training (5 days)
Advanced Workstation operations
Server Installation, configuration, and operations
User and group management
Optix storage and volume management
Optix server maintenance and management
Managing access to records and documents
Troubleshooting and resolving common user issues
Optix screen design and creation using Optix Application Generator
MWT000250 Optix Workflow Training (3 days)
Workflow concepts and Optix Server configuration
Database workflow tables and relationships
Business process re-engineering
Creating and editing workflow routes using Optix Application Generator
Using workflow in the Optix Workstation
MWT000275 Optix Web Training (3 days)
Optix Web installation and concepts
Query, retrieval, viewing, saving, indexing via browsers
Intro to Optix Web customization and integration
Configuring and using Optix Web GetFile
Configuring and using Optix Web QueryLite
Training at Mindwrap
- 3-day seminar - $2000 / person
- 5-day seminar - $3000 / person (a more intensive class)
- Contact us for pricing and to arrange for a convenient date and time.
Class Attendance and Cancellation Policy
A minimum of four (4) attendees is required to hold a class. If the minimum number of students has not enrolled, Mindwrap reserves the right to cancel the class and you will be notified 2 weeks before the class start date.
Mindwrap will notify each participant at least 2 weeks before the start date of the class so that you will be able to make flight and hotel reservations. Cancellations made prior to two weeks before the class will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within the two-week period before the class will be responsible for the full cost of the class.